International Services: The Search for Lifestyle Homes
Sotheby’s International Realty Provides Access to:
- The Finest Homes Around the World
- Concierge and Private Banking Quality Service led by the Sotheby’s International Realty and its local market Affiliate
- Personalized Service in Major Cities Around the World
- Access to the Most Sophisticated Buyers through it Global Marketing Programs
Richard and Elaine have worked among the leadership of the international community for over thirty years, providing advisory services to CEO’s, Senior Executives and Business Owners in Asia, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East. Working with the international management team of Sotheby’s International, Richard and Elaine will help to create the value proposition for the acquisition of a Lifestyle Property in leading cities around the world.
- New York: Arts, Leisure, Business
- London: A Center for International Business
- Hong Kong: Window on China and East Asia
- Tokyo: Global Business Partner
- Dubai: New and Exciting, Access to Middle East
- Denver: Gateway to the World Class Winter Wonderland and Year Round Mountain Resorts
- Develop a profile of the ideal home in context of the client’s requirements, objectives, local area attributes and amenities.
- Evaluate the local real estate professional capabilities in the market, and select the most qualified and highly skilled Sotheby’s real estate professional available in that market.
- Guide the local Sotheby’s real estate professional in support of the client’s objectives throughout the analysis, search, decision process and negotiations.
Please email or phone Richard or Elaine directly for a personal and confidential discussion of your international Luxury Property requirements.
Utilizing Sotheby’s extensive global resources, Richard and his wife Elaine assist US and international Executives and their families to identify and acquire exceptional residences around the world. Richard and Elaine bring a unique understanding of Senior Executives and their families’ needs and they employ Sotheby’s extensive research, analytical and marketing resources to achieve the clients’ residential objectives and the successful relocation of their families. They employ the “trusted advisor” approach to working with executives that has been the hallmark of their careers.
With over 25 years successful US and international experience, and having lived and worked in Europe, Asia and Latin America as well as throughout the US, Richard is a specialist in Executive relocation and is uniquely qualified to assist executives, their families and their companies in defining and meeting their objectives for acquiring luxury properties or relocation.
Richard has worked extensively with international CEOs and Senior Executives, and has extensive residential and commercial real estate experience with a strong understanding of real estate value and of real estate financing. His experience includes financing for the first residential condominium tower associated with the air rights of a leading international art museum, developing international real estate investment Funds with target commitments of $250 million from non-US investors, and sponsoring and managing residential property re-development and condominium conversions in New York City. Richard has served as the President and COO of a U.S. based Real Estate Investment Trust funded with foreign capital, and has been licensed as an associate broker in Colorado for over twelve years.
Many of Richard’s real estate activities evolved while serving as the Managing Director of a private international corporate finance advisory firm. Previously, Richard served as a Managing Director for Smith Barney Inc., where he started and built the Firm’s business and investment sales network in the Middle East and Mexico, and subsequently managed and expanded Smith Barney’s equity investment network in Japan and East Asia. Richard previously served as an officer with the Chase Manhattan Bank in New York City, London and Riyadh, serving major corporate and institutional clients.
Richard graduated high school in Munich, Germany, holds an undergraduate engineering degree and attended post graduate studies at the London School of Economics and Connecticut College.